Cinderella & Snow White Ornaments - A tale of two designs that changed over time.

I recently started painting the remaining blanks for my Fairy Tale Ornament Collection.  My first thought was - I don't paint like that anymore! My style has changed and my technique has evolved in the 7 years since I first created the designs. 

My Cinderella Ornament originally had brown eyes and hair and was wearing a pearl gray Empire style gown.  I wanted her to have a more elaborate gown, so I added a sash and a second lace-trimmed layer to her skirt. White over the elbow length gloves and a glittery gold mask complete her new look.

Cinderella Ornament 2003 Cinderella Ornament 2010

The changes to my Snow White Ornament are mainly to her dress.  I wanted the dress to look more like a medieval style "princess" dress.  Snow White  is now wearing a  pink & gold floral brocade gown over a white chemise.  I like the combination of an old-fashioned dress design done with modern colors.

Snow White Ornament 2003 Snow White Ornament 2010

I'm working on the Pumpkin Coach Ornaments now.  I'll post pictures when they are done! 

Comments