A peek at the Beast & his Beauty

I designed and cut out these ornaments 4 years ago.  They were prepped - then ended up in the U.F.O. (unfinished object) pile. 

Sometimes when I get into a bit of a creative rut it helps to pull out something like this & just start painting it.  I only made line drawings for these ornaments, I didn't have any idea about the color scheme or details.  Making it up as I go along can produce some interesting results! 

Beast ornament in progress

The Beast isn't finished yet - but he's getting there!  The fur on his arms needs to be a little messier I'm thinking, he looks a little too "neat"!

I thought you might like a peek at my work area, these are the colors I've used so far on this guy.  beast paint palette

When I have several projects going at once I can tell which palette belongs to each by looking at the colors!

Here's Beauty - I've just started working on her.

Beauty ornament in progress

Together they make rather an odd looking couple!  It's been fun painting them.

Comments