Where does it all come from?

I've been so busy lately that I haven't really noticed the clutter on my vanity table. Have you ever looked at the same stuff so often that you don't really see it anymore? I must have registered on some level that I should take a minute to dust and tidy up, just didn't have the time.

I've used this glass and silver ash tray as a catch-all for years. This morning I actually looked at the stuff in it:

random items

The buttons and broken jewelry were handed to me by my kids at one time or another & ended up here. The stopper was from a reed diffuser bottle, pins & safety pins just seemed to belong in the dish. But for the life of me I cannot remember where that bolt-washer-nut combo came from - and why did I keep it?

More stuff on the table - doesn't it look more romantic than cluttered in sepia tone?Dusty Treasures

Not sure about this picture though:

clutter

I tried to pretty it up with black & white - guess it would be easier to just clean.

Comments